Solar Panels Sydney- Welcome To The To Solar Panels Sydney Web Site.
Welcome my name is Martin ,i have over 20 years experience in the Electronics and Electrical industry in Australia and possess an in depth knowledge of the Solar Energy Industry. I work with several Sydney Solar Installation Companies and created this site to present you with relevant information if you are thinking about a Solar Panel system for your Sydney home.If you have any questions I can be contacted on 0466986046 and can also arrange a no obligation quotation for your solar power system. If you prefer ,complete the quote form below and 3 C.E.C. (Clean Energy Council) Sydney Solar Panels Installers will contact you . Thanks for visiting the Solar Panels Sydney website. Even with no feed in tariff in N.S.W. installing solar panels in your Sydney home makes a lot of sense if you use a lot of electricity during the day . A solar power system can cut your power bills significantly. With the carbon tax coming electricity prices WILL rise , another good reason to consider installing solar power.The federal government rebate still offers a very significant upfront saving to the cost of installing solar power in Sydney and N.S.W.
Solar Panels Sydney-Key Issues In Considering Installing Solar Panels:
- Key Issue One . Solar rebates: Solar Feed In Tariff- A Feed In Tarrif is the money you are paid for any power that your solar panel system produces that is not used by your house and instead is fed back onto the electricity grid. The O’Farrell Government in N.S.W. has cut the N.S.W. solar feed in tariff to zero for new solar customers but this is currently under review until April next year (2012) . A solar panel system can still make a lot of sense if your electricity usage during the day , (when your solar panels are producing solar electricity) is equal or greater than the amount produced by your solar panels. This way you will cut your electricity bill substantially. Note : Ausgrid (formerly known as Energy Australia) and AGL Energy pay a feed in tariff .See the Solar Sydney page for more details.
- Key Issue Two: The Federal Government which subsides the upfront cost of your solar power installation reduces each year. From 1st July this year (2011) the Federal Government rebate is approximately $2300 for a 1.5KW solar power system , $2600 for a 2KW solar power system , $3100 for a 3KW solar power system. Your Sydney solar installer will claim this back for you.
- Key Issue Three: Solar Installers In Sydney – How To Choose One? With so many solar installation companies in Sydney, deciding on a company to install your solar system in Sydney can be difficult. Following is a list a factors to consider when assessing various Sydney solar panel installers:
- Key Issue Four: Is the Solar Installer C.E.C (Clean Energy Council) accredited? C.E.C. installers have installation guidelines , get regular safety ,compliance and Government policy updates.To qualify for the Federal Government rebate you must use C.E.C. accredited installers.
- Key Issue Five: How long has the solar power company been in business and will they continue to be?- Case Study: In N.S.W, when the feed in tariff was cut ,many smaller solar installers went out of business as demand for solar power in Sydney decreased .
- Key Issue Six: Insist on a site inspection for your property to ensure suitability of a solar power system on your roof. You need a North (or at least NNE or NNW) facing roof , with no shading from trees. This is just one of many factors that require on site inspection.
- Key Issue Seven: Price. Ok ,everyone wants the best price on their solar system but its useful to consider your solar energy system should operate for a minimum of 25 years. An initial saving of five hundred or a thousand dollars now may well prove to be a false economy long term if you have reliability issues with the solar panels or inverter. We suggest using quality Inverters ,for example SMA or Eaton brands and quality panels (Suntech, Conergy ,Suntech , Sharp etc) . See ‘How Solar Power Works’ below for an understanding of how these solar components work. Chinese made solar panels represent 70% of all panels installed in Australia. Some are excellent , many are not. Most solar power companies offer 2 or 3 options for each system in terms of price and quality.
Solar Panels Sydney : We are please to offer No Obligation Solar Power Quotations For Your Home. Call Martin 0466986046 or:
Solar Panels Sydney- Please Complete The Form Below To Get Three Solar Power System Quotations For You Home. All Companies Quoting You Are C.E.C. Accredited. You will receive a call from the companies quickly ,to arrange a convenient time to visit you and discuss your Solar Electricity needs and arrange a quotation , no obligation:
Simple Block diagram of grid connect solar system
Solar Panels Sydney- How A Solar Power System Works
- Solar Panels Sydney Fact 1. The sun radiates around 1000 watts (1KW) of solar energy per square meter onto the earth. This is a staggering amount of ‘free’ energy we receive. The Solar Panels utilize silicon wafers to convert the sun’s energy into D.C electricity.
- Solar Panels Sydney Fact 2. This D.C. electricity , generated from the solar panels is fed , via a low loss cable to an ‘inverter’ , an electronic device , generally mounted near your meter box , that converts the D.C. into A.C electricity: the sort of power in our home used to power our lights ,fridges ,T.V. etc.
- Solar Panels Sydney Fact3. Whatever electricity produced from your solar power system that is not used by our household is then fed back into the electricity grid. We get paid for it via the South Australia feed in tarrif as explained above.
- Solar Panels Sydney Fact 4. The ‘Solar Meter” is a new electricity meter that is installed once your solar power system is in place ,to measure the amount of power fed back onto the grid , so you can be paid for it.
(This video shows the construction and manufacture of solar panels. We are not affiliated with Suntech.)